Thursday 3 February 2011

Goanna


Today I wondered what was disturbing our dog Sam and causing him to bark.  When I went to investigate it was not his usual target of another dog in the street, it was this lace monitor (goanna) in the lilli pilli tree by our verandah.  So I ran and got the camera to fire off a couple of shots before the goanna quietly turned and hid itself among the branches of the tree.

But that was not the end of the adventure.  When I returned a short times later after checking the mail box, Sam ran up and cornered the lizard behind a lounge chair in the house.  The doors were wide open to try to cope with the hot weather and Mr Goanna had decided to check us out.  It took a bit of coaxing but we eventually got it out, back where it belongs.  None of us were injured during our encounter.

It's amazing where photo opportunities present themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This Blog is about my journey as I try to rediscover photography and all it's pleasures. I took up photography with a passion following my retirement from work and have had ups and downs as I aspired to learn and become the best photographer I could be. I have no interest in becoming a professional in the field, merely that others may enjoy the results of my achievements.