Monday 30 May 2011

Shucking Oysters

Our Wednesday Photo Group paid a second visit to the Sydney Fish Markets last week.  There were two reasons for going there again.  The first was obviously the photo opportunities (although the inclement weather meant we were confined indoors) and secondly for the food, as in eating on site as well as buying fresh produce to take home.

Shucking Oysters
Canon 7D, Canon 50mm Macro Lens, 1/250 Sec @ f/2.5, ISO 400, Handheld
 I have read that it is a good excercise to use a 50mm lens for urban walks so opted to go with that and not use flash during the outing in order avoid being a distraction to those around me.  The shucker was a very interesting man and we had a friendly conversation into the bargain.  So much so that I felt guilty about taking up his time and moved on instead of exploring the use of slower shutter speeds as had been my original intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This Blog is about my journey as I try to rediscover photography and all it's pleasures. I took up photography with a passion following my retirement from work and have had ups and downs as I aspired to learn and become the best photographer I could be. I have no interest in becoming a professional in the field, merely that others may enjoy the results of my achievements.