Saturday 7 May 2011

A Sign of Winter Approaching

Just happened to look out the back door and noticed one of the first signs that the weather is getting colder.  It has been cooler for a week or so but more so this last couple of days.  The neighbours had obviously just lit their fire  to warm the house and the smoke was billowing out of the chimney as the fire got itself into gear so I had to get my camera to capture the moment.

A Smokey Scene
Canon 7D, 24-105 Lens  @ 105mm, 1/640 sec @ f/4.0, ISO 200, Hand held


I liked way the smoke was hanging in the air and waited until the wind swung around to allow the chimney to be seen clearly so there would be no doubt as to the source.  It was only a minute or so later that the fire got up to temp and the air cleared leaving only a pleasant, soft scent to remind me of the moment.

I came across a new tool to count the hits on the blog and illustrate the source on a world map so decided to give it a go.  I am really pleased that since I started in late January there have been almost 340 visits.  While I did expect hits from Australia where I live there have also been a surprising number from such places as America, Malaysia, Germany, Switzerland, France and even Namibia and Singapore.  The internet certainly makes the world a smaller place.

Thank you to all who have taken the time to stop by.  I would love to get your thoughts on the project so please leave some comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This Blog is about my journey as I try to rediscover photography and all it's pleasures. I took up photography with a passion following my retirement from work and have had ups and downs as I aspired to learn and become the best photographer I could be. I have no interest in becoming a professional in the field, merely that others may enjoy the results of my achievements.