Thursday 9 June 2011

Back From a Break

I've been slack by not posting any notices here for over a week which was not my original intent.  Although we have been busy organising our camera club activities including our Annual Photography Exhibition and Awards Night that is no excuse.  I have been slack and must get motivated again.

Yesterday was our Wednesday Group day out so we took a ferry ride to Circular Quay to photograph the Vivid Sydney 2011 festival of light, music and ideas. We had a lovely dinner before the lights came on for the spectacualr display.  Vivid is an annual event where patterns and images are projected onto a number of iconic Sydney landmark buildings around Circular Quay and The Rocks, the most prominent of which is the Sydney Opera House.

Lights on the Sydney Opera House
Canon 7D, Canon 24-105mm Lens,1/5sce @ f/4.0, ISO 3200, No flash, Tripod
I had framed my shot when a tourist positioned herself in front of me while her partner took her photo.

I must admit to being anxious about taking tripods with us given that there has been much debate and even protests about 'Photographer's Rights' when tripods are set up to take photos in the Opera House precinct but that was certainly not the case last night.  There were tripods everywhere, including on external upper levels and no intervention from the security personel present.  It made for a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This Blog is about my journey as I try to rediscover photography and all it's pleasures. I took up photography with a passion following my retirement from work and have had ups and downs as I aspired to learn and become the best photographer I could be. I have no interest in becoming a professional in the field, merely that others may enjoy the results of my achievements.