Monday 14 March 2011

A Rally of Cameras

We both spent the last weekend at a retreat west of Sydney with more than seventy other photographers listening to interesting speakers, sharing our photographic passion and experiences as well as attending an outdoor portraiture workshop.

Robyn and I provided transport and accommodation for one of the speakers and his wife before and after the event and as a result were able to develop a friendly relationship with them.  This made the three day event even more worth the effort.


We woke on Saturday morning to see a clothes line full of welcome swallows in the bright early sunshine.
Canon 7D, Sigma 18-200mm Lens,  ISO 400, 1/160s @ f/6.3, Ambient light, Hand held.

Sunday morning was time to join the queue with the rest of the photographers to take advantage of the models and lighting gear during the Daylight Portraiture Workshop.

Canon 7D, Canon 24/105mm Lens,  ISO 100, 1/80s @ f/8, Ambient light, Hand held.


Canon 7D, Canon 24-105mm Lens,  ISO 100, 1/200s @ f/66, Ambient light supplemented by strobe in umbrella, Hand held.

All in all it was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This Blog is about my journey as I try to rediscover photography and all it's pleasures. I took up photography with a passion following my retirement from work and have had ups and downs as I aspired to learn and become the best photographer I could be. I have no interest in becoming a professional in the field, merely that others may enjoy the results of my achievements.