Monday 31 January 2011

Dunlop Factory

Went to the Dunlop Factory yesterday (Sunday) with a friend to take the opportunity to photograph there before it is gone forever.  I understand it is going to be demolished very soon and it gave me a good reason to get out with my camera.  The factory has been a favourite spot for graffiti artists and consequently photographers but like the Glebe tramshed will soon be redeveloped.

I did have trouble getting my head into a creative zone but managed to take a couple of potential competition entries.  I used the opportunity also to experiment and practice using exposure compensation as well as shooting in jpeg instead of my usual choice of RAW.  The results were pleasing but where windows are included the exteriors are unfortunately blown out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This Blog is about my journey as I try to rediscover photography and all it's pleasures. I took up photography with a passion following my retirement from work and have had ups and downs as I aspired to learn and become the best photographer I could be. I have no interest in becoming a professional in the field, merely that others may enjoy the results of my achievements.