Sunday 14 August 2011

Wallaby Walk in Royal National Park

I fell into another photographic slump slump over the past couple of weeks which is why there have been no posts here on the blog but have been re-invigorated again so accepted an invitation to take part in a bushwalk with a group in Royal National Park last Thursday.

The 5 kilometre walk started up at Waterfall and after organising our vehicles to provide appropriate transport at each end of the walk, we set off on the Waterfall - Couranga Track.

Setting out on the first stage of the walk
Canon 40D, Sigma 18-200mm Lens, 1/500sec @ f/5.6, ISO 400, Hand held

The weather was overcast however predictions of rain did not eventuate.  The cloud cover provided nice, even light and the first section of the track was relatively easy.

Further into the walk, the bush closed in on the track.
Canon 40D, Lens Sigma 18-200mm, 1/160sec @ f/5.6, ISO 400, Hand held
 Gradually the track narrowed and the foliage grew taller as we descended into rain forest.  The foliage was varied and I was amazed at the different types of fungi.  The diversity of colourful native flowers in bloom was also impressive, particularly given that we are still experiencing wintery conditions.

After a couple of hours which seemed to have flown by, we arrived at the old causeway to enjoy our lunch with a restful view.

Lunch and reflection during the walk
Canon 40D, Lens Sigma 18-400mm, 1/1000sec @ f/4.0, ISO 400, Hand held

All in all it was a good day where I met some nice, friendly people who made me feel welcome and I look forward to spending more time in their company.  I have also identified some places I wish to return to with my tripod and more time to practice my photography.

Click to view more photos from this walk



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

This Blog is about my journey as I try to rediscover photography and all it's pleasures. I took up photography with a passion following my retirement from work and have had ups and downs as I aspired to learn and become the best photographer I could be. I have no interest in becoming a professional in the field, merely that others may enjoy the results of my achievements.